Friday, February 9, 2018

Tsukiji Bistro Melrose

Let see how the Sushi is at Tsukiji Bistro in Melrose. I had the Chirashi on a previous visit, and it was excellent, and a steal at $10.



I started with the Panko Shrimp ($9). I got six huge shrimp that was crunchy on the outside, with just a light batter. The house-made remoulade is excellent, and it's the same as I got with the super tasty Tatsuta-age chicken.



This is the Lunch NIGIRI & SASHIMI ($12). "Tuna, salmon, yellowtail, shiromi, unagi nigiri, and salmon, scallop, tuna sashimi". Up top is a whole divers scallop. The fish was super fresh, and the nigiri had really generous slices of fish. The nigiri also had a smear of wasabi on top of the rice as it should have. The rice was properly seasoned and at the correct temperature. When I got the bill, I got charged $10 instead of $12. The menu is being reworked so it might get fixed. This is such a gem of a place.

Address 2nd Floor, 505 Main Street, Melrose, MA 02176
Phone number (781) 665-6254

2 comments:

  1. The next time you go, ask for the real wasabi. I had some the other night, I think it's the first time I've ever had it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That never ever entered my mind. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete